Pages

Monday 24 February 2020

A Memory - by Aleenah

A Memory
The anger and disappointment of my regretful memory kept showing itself in my dreams. It always made me feel foolish.

thread yarn needle free photoI can see myself bored and entering my parents bedroom. On the sheets of their bed, lay my mother's sewing equipment. Colorful threads and silver, pointy needles were encased in a translucent box. The box I now despise and all its contents.

buttons colorful color free photoContinuing on, I took the box and quietly carried it into my cluttered room. I already had some buttons with abstract designs on them. They were usually underneath the cushions of our couches in the living room. As I proceeded to put the thread through the small hole of the needle, I kept getting soft aches. In the process, the needle and my left hand kept colliding into each other. I gave slight screams each time it happened. I was sweating with frustration and anger.

After minutes of agony, I gave up regretting those moments. I still have a scar from that memory. I will continually live to regret and be embarrassed by what had happened.

References

12 comments:

  1. I love your descriptive writing its very understandable that sometimes we want to try out something new, Sometimes it goes good but sometimes bad,keep up the good work Aleenah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Giselle! sorry for the late reply but I do want to say thank you for your positive thoughts. Thank you for the advice but I don't quite get what your saying. Maybe simplify what you are trying to say, anyways thank you again. Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Aleenah I really like your descriptive writing. I love your piece of work it is very interesting. Good job keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kena! I am happy that you like my work and I hope I helped you in your descriptive writing. Tell me if you did. Thank you and have a good day!

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Aleenah. I love how you described your memory. We sometimes make mistakes in our lives but sometimes it goes well. Ka pai Aleenah! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moonia! I appreciate the kind words and compliments. It's true that we make mistakes and so did this memory. Do you have any memories similar to this? If you do, send me a link to your blog! Thanks for your kindness. Have a great day!.

      Delete
  4. Hello Aleenah, Augustine here. I like how you wrote your memory. Keep up the great work.
    Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morena Augustine, I am grateful for your time on reading my work and I hope I inspired you to write more descriptively. Should I change anything or any advice that would help me? Thanks for the positive comment. Have an awesome day!

      Delete
  5. Greetings Aleenah,

    I cherish the way you explained everything in your memory like you added descriptive words to make it more fascinating & interesting. Anyways keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day Jeremiah, I appreciate the kindness and positive comment you posted. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Hi Aleenah!
    This is a really great memory. I really liked your big word and I hope you keep it up .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Paul, It's Aleenah and thank you for your expressive words on this positive comment. Thank you again! have a good day!

      Delete