Pages

Monday 13 November 2017

Mission day- by Aleenah (final)

Learning Intention:We are learning to write a recount using verbs and adverbs.
Success Criteria:I know I am successful when I can use describing words, full stops and capital letters correctly and write in paragraphs.

Related image
Hooray! Its Mission day. It is a celebration of St. Patrick's feast day and we raise money and gave it to the Holy Angels orphanage in India.


First we went to church. It was so quiet when we arrived there. I love going to church because I can pray anytime I like so God can protect me. We sang songs and listen to God's word and do the offering. I carried a poster of children from India, that looked they needed help from us.


After that it was time to sell things and raise money. Our game was hanging apples. Its a game were you have to try and bite the apple without using your hands. Me and Summer were the first children to look after the Apples and money. Mathew was the first boy to try it out in 1 minute. He was in a rush so, he did not win. It was sad, but we still have his money so that's a great way of earning money quickly. 


Next I went to room 8.  I wanted to have my face painted but, I decided to play mini pool instead. It is a game were you have a stick and hit the 5 balls to get it in the holes in each corner and if you have all 5 in, you win. I won some rounds and I had lots of lollies. All of my lollies was fruit burst.

It was nearly the end of school, so we had a raffle. It is like a lotto that you can win money but, this one is different, you can win toys, balls and groceries. They called out the children that won the Lego Ninja-go one. I won a set and it was a big and heavy. 


Finally it was time to go home and I was tired, but  hopefully we can do that again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment