Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

Diary Entry For Mophead (Selina Tusitala Marsh) - by Aleenah

 Mophead Diary Entry

This week, my class have been studying the book Mophead by Selina Tusitala Marsh. We wrote a diary entry when Selina was in a restorative justice discussing her case with one of her bullies. 

Diary Entry

I was sitting in a quiet room, my parents wearing expressions of anger and confusion. MY head low staring at my feet avoiding eye contact. It was the day. The day I might get justice! from my biggest resentment, 'rich girl' Giselle. She gave me hell. Of course, I never told anyone that. Anyways, the clock ticked by to about 1:20 pm. The principal as well as the student counselor entered the room greeting us with a "good afternoon" and "We all know what we are her for". I was so anxious while Giselle was sitting in front of me smirking with her arms and legs crossed. Butterflies were swarming in my tummy. The principal discussed the case between both parents before asking me the bog question. "Why don't you share your side of the story, Selina?". I took a big breath and opened my mouth hoping to say something but just sat there, my mouth hoping to say something but just sat there, my mouth wide open. My eyes watered. My parents quickly embraced me. The principal "Should we continue this restorative justice?" I got myself together. I freed myself from my mother's arms and blurted out everything Giselle had said and done to me. I started with her laughing at me which quickly escalated to when she harassed me calling me 'mophead'. I spoke non stop for a whole minute! I felt relieved. Giselle on the other hand was forced to be suspended for a week but her parents didn't allow it. What a bummer. They did opted to have her punished in their own way. By the end of the meeting, I was smiling with my parents. It was the happiest I've been in a long time.

Picture: Mophead Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment