Pages

Thursday 6 May 2021

A Diary Entry - Aleenah

 An Umbrella Story

This is a diary entry I have written in response to a short animated movie we are studying for literature.

I was neglecting telling my story for such a long time, its made me sob into feeling emotionally weak. Curling into a ball of sadness, my scarf damped with my tears of regret and guilt. My mind zoomed through my flashback, strolling down the street, hand in hand with the most soothing, familiar warmth I once took for granted. Gliding my frozen fingertips along the metal fence, it hummed chiming sounds behind me. We slowed down a bit by the most sweetest display window. The scent of sweet strawberry frosting mocked my nose. My father wrapped me close and urged to keep on going. We were almost close to my surprise. My boots hopped onto numerous pockets of puddles, both of us sharing our last laughs oblivious to what would come ahead. The saddest rain poured over me and my dad. He opened the boldest yellow umbrella. It was the light among the pitch black umbrella. Huddling close, we shakily rose onto the porch. My dad swathed my face with his knitted scarf. Starring me down with the most regretting smile. Disappearing onto the roads, leaving me stranded, all alone, with nobody.



No comments:

Post a Comment